• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:27 PM

Creator: Teester
Ext. Version: 0.6b1

Extension is compatible to:
Thunderbird: 1.5 - 3.0a1
Sunbird: 0.8 - 0.9pre
Included locales: af-ZA de-DE en-US fi-FI fr-FR ga-IE he-IL it-IT ja-JP ko-KR nl-NL pt-BR pt-PT zh-CN
Description: Import and export Calender files in vCalendar (*.vcs) format

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by Teester, 17 August 2008 - 12:48 AM.

#2 Archaeopteryx

Archaeopteryx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

Goofy, can you please fix this? There aren't any files listed and I'm unable to register.

#3 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

Citation (Archaeopteryx @ Sep 1 2007, 16:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Goofy, can you please fix this? There aren't any files listed and I'm unable to register.

Yes I know it is not a satisfying submission, I tried various things (taking the place of the original submitter to test) but could not make it better up to now. Please translators wait until there is some fixing.
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#4 Teester

Teester

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

I've reuploaded the extension and all seems to be well now. My chrome folder was referenced as "chrome" in the extension files, but named "Chrome" in the extension itself. Apologies for the confusion.

#5 Pedro

Pedro

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:11 PM

Hi Teester, now looks all ok smile.gif

Just for curiosity, who's the italian translator of your extension?

@Goofy
I think you have to change the link for the WTS in the first post wink.gif
Are you sure that I am a translator? Have you seen my english?
Goofy's corrections © inside. The dog with the glasses has come back.

#6 Teester

Teester

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE(Pedro @ Sep 1 2007, 17:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just for curiosity, who's the italian translator of your extension?

Danilo Fortunato reviewed an earlier version in the AMO sandbox, and provided the strings that I needed then. He's the author of the Export Calendar To Text extension, available from the AMO sandbox ( here ).

I've added a few more strings with this latest version, hence it's only partially complete.

#7 Pedro

Pedro

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for your reply smile.gif

I think it should be good if you invite him here to complete the translation! And maybe he can provide other translations tongue.gif

Thanks again, and excuse me for the little OT ops.gif

Bye bye

Pedro
Are you sure that I am a translator? Have you seen my english?
Goofy's corrections © inside. The dog with the glasses has come back.

#8 Fenian

Fenian

Spiteful Tech Admin

• Admin
  • 4428 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(Goofy @ Sep 1 2007, 17:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I know it is not a satisfying submission, I tried various things (taking the place of the original submitter to test) but could not make it better up to now. Please translators wait until there is some fixing.

Fixed smile.gif
I hope that I find a way to avoid this problem next time.
"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by."
-- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
Unwarranted government surveillance is an intrusion on basic human rights that threatens the very foundations of a democratic society.
-- Tim Berners Lee

#9 lloco

lloco

Moderator for pt-PT forum

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:07 PM

pt-PT released

cheers

rockon.gif

#10 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:44 AM

I've started on the Dutch locale. FYI, I think it's better to refer to the Lightning extension (in amowebsite.properties, decription1) without the en-US part. In that way, the link will automatically be converted to the correct locale if available. wink.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#11 Teester

Teester

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(markh @ Sep 5 2007, 07:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FYI, I think it's better to refer to the Lightning extension (in amowebsite.properties, decription1) without the en-US part. In that way, the link will automatically be converted to the correct locale if available. wink.gif

I didn't know that that would work. I was just going to change the link for each locale when I got to putting it up on AMO, but that sounds easier.

Thanks to everyone for their work so far. I'll put up a new version on AMO in another week or so, and see how many locales I have then. I won't update here unless the localisation strings change.

Also, does anyone know: I have the translation for zh-CN (thanks fiag!), with amowebsite.properties, but AMO only uses zh-TW for chinese. Is it appropriate to use the translation for zh-CN there? As you may have guessed, my understanding of chinese is minimal to say the least.

#12 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(Teester @ Sep 5 2007, 20:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, does anyone know: I have the translation for zh-CN (thanks fiag!), with amowebsite.properties, but AMO only uses zh-TW for chinese. Is it appropriate to use the translation for zh-CN there? As you may have guessed, my understanding of chinese is minimal to say the least.

I don't think it matters that much yet, so there's no time rush. Although zh-TW has been registered as language for AMO, it does not have any strings translated on the public side so it is not activated yet. Any Chinese AMO description would therefore not be shown to the general public wink.gif

#13 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:41 PM

Dutch locale tested and released cool.gif

#14 Teester

Teester

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

Apologies to the translators for several update emails regarding updates to vcs Support. It seems when I uploaded files named "vcssupport0.5a.xpi", they appeared to parse correctly, but no translations appeared on WTS, and when you tried to download the extension, you got a file named "vcssupport0.5a". I uploaded using a file name of "vcssupport.xpi" and all was well.

There have been a couple of strings added to both extenson files, and also a couple removed (mainly due to incorporation the functionality of the extension into the existing calendar import-export structure). Also, because of this, the website description needs changing. I've removed description2 from all the translations and replaced it with a new one in en-US.

I'm sorry that I haven't actually got around to releasing the localised builds on AMO yet, but once I figured out how to get the extension into the import-export dialogs, I felt that waiting a while was appropriate. I think that (if final testing works out) the extension is ready to nominate for public listing.

If anyone running the extension is wondering where the export options have gone when exporting (since that's what most of the strings relate to), it's now found in the addon options. That was forced due to using the existing import export structure, and feels a bit unwieldy.

Thanks again to everyone who has translated stuff.

Mark.

#15 Archaeopteryx

Archaeopteryx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for your work.

1. de-DE released (WTC shows 92 % translated, but also shows all files to be translated to 100 %).
2. Exporting a list of all day events as one event with recurrence rules, only a stub vcs-file with 85 bytes is created.
3. Please localize also the window title of the settings window.
4. Please make the date range export accessible from the menu again.

#16 lloco

lloco

Moderator for pt-PT forum

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:41 PM

pt-PT updated

#17 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:38 PM

Dutch locale updated, tested and released cool.gif

#18 Teester

Teester

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE(Archaeopteryx @ Sep 15 2007, 13:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. de-DE released (WTC shows 92 % translated, but also shows all files to be translated to 100 %).

Excellent. Thanks.

2. Exporting a list of all day events as one event with recurrence rules, only a stub vcs-file with 85 bytes is created.

This has been fixed in the latest version. Functions relied on in previous versions in the main calendar files were no longer available with the integration into the export window.

3. Please localize also the window title of the settings window.

Done

4. Please make the date range export accessible from the menu again.

Done. I've put it below the "Export Calendar" menu item as I reckon that that's where it's most discoverable. It was there or in the "Options" menu, and that only made it easier to overlook. It would be great to integrate it into the export dialog itself, but that doesn't seem possible (unless I've overlooked something)

QUOTE(lloco @ Sep 15 2007, 14:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pt-PT updated

Thanks.

QUOTE(markh @ Sep 15 2007, 19:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.

There's one new string, I'm afraid.

#19 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:45 PM

#20 mar

mar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:52 PM

Japanese locale has been released on WTS. cool.gif

This .vcs support is great, but exported vCalendar file including Japanese language has incorrect character encodings (or hasn't escaped?).
FYI, Sunderbird's builtin *.cvs export, too. (builtin *.html and *.ics export is OK.)
Any help? sad.gif

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; ja; rv:1.8.1.8pre) Gecko/20070926 Calendar/0.7pre

Thanks.
mar
http://www.geocities.jp/chimantaea_mirabilis/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users