Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

[b]Maintainer: [/b]eyalroz
[b]Creator: [/b]Eyal Rozenberg

[b]Ext. Version: [/b]0.4b1
[b]Release date: [/b]2010-09-22
[b]Description: [/b]Locates duplicate messages in mail folders and removes them.
[b]Extension is compatible to:[/b] ( [img]https://www.babelzilla.org/components/com_wts/logos/tb.png[/img] 31.0 - 68.*)

[b]Included locales: [/b]cs-CZ da de en-US es-AR es-ES fr he-IL is-IS it ja ja-JP-mac nl pl pt-BR pt-PT ru-RU sk-SK sl-SI sv-SE uk-UA zh-CN zh-TW

[url="https://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&extension=4284&type=show"]View on WTS[/url] -- [url="https://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&type=downloadxpi&extension=4284"] Download the extension[/url]

Edited by eyalroz, 09 October 2019 - 11:07 PM.

#2 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:23 PM

welcomeani.gif biggrin.gif

Just a few information for you: in case you have some curiosities about the WTS, you may find here short and simple Questions&Answers about it!

In case you're looking for some specific translator, please see the list of the available translators on BabelZilla.
Selected that desired one, you may send him a P.M. or an e-mail (if and when public).

You may also insert a new Topic in the Help Section, in order to ask for specific translations, to write a general request about missing translations, etc.
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#3 jackbin

jackbin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:47 AM

Hello,

Chinese (Traditional) locale added and released.
Jackbin
Blog: http://jackbin.blogspot.com/

#4 lloco

lloco

Moderator for pt-PT forum

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:48 PM

Portuguese locale released and tested but the buttons "First copy" and "All copies" are a bit small for the pt-PT translation
rockon.gif

br
lloco

#5 atom

atom

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

Hi,
Slovak translation is done and released.

When I tested my translation I found that there were some English words although I traslated all strings on WTS.
That words are in file removedupes-dialog.js, line 204 to 205.
Is it possible to move these strings to "locale" folder in next extension release?

And, yes, that buttons could be a little bit larger for Slovak translation too smile.gif

#6 myahoo

myahoo

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1027 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:16 AM

Eeer… some words doesn't seem to be in the translation's fields : "Sets:" / "Total:" / "Keeping:", for example smile.gif
Waiting for the next version, fr-FR have been tested and is Released.
Firefox 3.x – « Oooh Jooon… ! »

#7 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:45 AM

Uh-oh. A new version, but the update procedure wasn't followed properly, so all translation are lost sad.gif I'll see what I can restore...
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#8 eyalroz

eyalroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:47 AM

I just noticed this forum exists, sorry. I'll move the relevant strings to the properties files.

Also, is it considered inapprpropriate when I update the extension with a new XPI even though I haven't released? Because I see all the translations as having gone away - you don't actually have to do the whole work again right?

PS - In case this forum doesn't send email notifications of replies - I'm at eyalroz@technion.ac.il

#9 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:02 AM

Citation (eyalroz @ Jul 19 2007, 08:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just noticed this forum exists, sorry. I'll move the relevant strings to the properties files.

Also, is it considered inapprpropriate when I update the extension with a new XPI even though I haven't released? Because I see all the translations as having gone away - you don't actually have to do the whole work again right?

PS - In case this forum doesn't send email notifications of replies - I'm at eyalroz@technion.ac.il

sad.gif I am afraid translators will have to do their work again if they have no local backup. Please read this item
http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option...7&Itemid=25

You can update whenever you want (following the proper procedure of course) with no necessary coordination with your public release. Very often developers submit here beta versions, get translations, then release on AMO.

This forum can send notifications (see options dropdown menu at the top right)

Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#10 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE(eyalroz @ Jul 19 2007, 07:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The tutorial for updating an extension can be found here, along with a whole bunch of other useful Q&A.

BZ has no version connection with official releases, so you are free to update your extension (consider it a beta). Just make sure that you include all previous work in it (you don't have to add any new strings to the other locales, they will be added by the WTS). Once you have posted here you should get an email for the posts made here - if you haven't disabled that of course.

#11 eyalroz

eyalroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:11 AM

Oh! I'm sorry! But... that's terrible...

- Isn't the translation for older versions of extensions maintained somewhere?
- Can't there be an automatic migration of strings from the old version to the new version?
- Why doesn't the update form alert you to the possibility of deleting locales?

Eyal

#12 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:12 AM

Well, that's what happens when admins keep their foot on the ball and one of them is called away for a moment while he is typing in his response laugh.gif

#13 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(eyalroz @ Jul 19 2007, 08:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh! I'm sorry! But... that's terrible...

- Isn't the translation for older versions of extensions maintained somewhere?
- Can't there be an automatic migration of strings from the old version to the new version?
- Why doesn't the update form alert you to the possibility of deleting locales?

Eyal

1. No, except for local copies with translators or any downloaded locales you have
2. Not at the moment, no
3. The next version of the WTS should be able to do that, but currently we have to rely on the procedures

wink.gif

#14 eyalroz

eyalroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:17 AM

I want to clarify a point to the translators: The string with ^Inbox$ is actually a regular expression. Look at the German translation for an idea of what the localized version should have (all possible names for the Inbox).

#15 myahoo

myahoo

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1027 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:03 PM

Citation (eyalroz @ Jul 19 2007, 09:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The string with ^Inbox$ is actually a regular expression. Look at the German translation for an idea of what the localized version should have (all possible names for the Inbox).

So we need to translate like that :
Code
^(Inbox|The name in our language|Another name|etc.)$

… isn't it? rolleyes.gif Space character is ok, or is there &nbsp; (or another character)?

Firefox 3.x – « Oooh Jooon… ! »

#16 atom

atom

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:13 PM

Hi,
I have a question,
in version 0.1.5 there is a string "Populating list..." in file removedupes.properties,
I don't know the right meaning of these words because I can't see them when I'm testing my translation,
that's why I'm not sure which Slovak words are suitable...

Are these words used (in this extension) or not?

Hope there will be an answer please.gif

#17 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE(atom @ Jul 19 2007, 13:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,
I have a question,
in version 0.1.5 there is a string "Populating list..." in file removedupes.properties,
I don't know the right meaning of these words because I can't see them when I'm testing my translation
[CUT]

Populating a list usually means filling a list with items, and I guess this is not different. Seems to be like this is a string that is displayed while a list is being filled, so if there is not much to fill it with and you have a fast computer it might not show for very long wink.gif

#18 eyalroz

eyalroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:49 PM

Yes, markh is just right.

#19 atom

atom

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:03 PM

Thanks a lot markh smile.gif

So, sk-SK is 100% done.

#20 eyalroz

eyalroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

Oh, I also want people to make contents.rdf for the seamonkey version of the extension. Like this one.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (3)