stevel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (humbertosartini @ Sep 24 2008, 01:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Portuguese (Brazilian) / pt-BR localization has been released

thanks! smile.gif i'm still working on some additional preferences stuff, so i expect to have a few more new strings - but i'm trying to get it more finalised so i don't have so much churn for the mashTape translators. smile.gif

#23 soham_chatterjee

soham_chatterjee

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

hi,

I have translated and released Bengali (bn-IN) locale for mashTape. Expecting updates...

Thanks,

Soham

#24 stevel

stevel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:08 AM

I just uploaded 0.2.0pre4, we believe we have a string freeze now; so the strings should be solid now. I added about 13 new strings (mostly tooltips for favicons and discography images); I'd appreciate any and all help localising these additional strings.

This requires an even more recent version of Songbird's nightly.. apologies for how rapid development is moving. smile.gif

BTW, this version adds an auto-localised Wikipedia artist info provider, per Goofy's suggestion. smile.gif However, since Songbird nightlies aren't localised at the moment (due to the translate site being re-worked), you'll have to fake it by going to "about:config" and setting songbird.general.useragent to be your locale.

thanks!
-steve

#25 Nukeador

Nukeador

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (stevel @ Oct 2 2008, 01:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just uploaded 0.2.0pre4, we believe we have a string freeze now;

es-ES is now updated. ;)

#26 humbertosartini

humbertosartini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:09 PM

Hi,

[]'s
Humberto Sartini
http://www.hss.blog.br

#27 stevel

stevel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:09 AM

Sorry - just realised I missed two tooltip strings; I've uploaded the latest version with these missing 2 strings. Thanks everyone!
BTW - our Translate webapp for Songbird is nearing completion, so you can test out the auto-localizing Wikipedia info provider for mashTape by going to http://staging.translate.songbirdnest.com and installing an XPI for your locale, and then going to the mashTape preference panel and changing your artist info provider to "Wikipedia (auto-localized)"

You should then see artist-info go by in your locale. (I've only tested it with ja-JP & fr-FR for now but it looks to work fine)

#28 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (stevel @ Oct 11 2008, 01:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW - our Translate webapp for Songbird is nearing completion, so you can test out the auto-localizing Wikipedia info provider for mashTape by going to http://staging.translate.songbirdnest.com

rockon.gif hey congrats you Songbird wizards! it looks cool and neat, quite handy.

minor flaw : the notification
This language is not supported by Mozilla.etc.
appears even though the language IS supported by Mozilla.

one thing that I don't find (but maybe just right under my nose) is the link to download the langpack. But maybe it is available only when translation is 100% complete ?
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#29 Nukeador

Nukeador

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:44 PM

es-ES updated. I also noticed no download link and the wrong "This language is not supported by Mozilla" message for es-ES.

Regards.

#30 humbertosartini

humbertosartini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:47 AM

Hi,

[]'s
Humberto Sartini

#31 stevel

stevel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Goofy @ Oct 11 2008, 07:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rockon.gif hey congrats you Songbird wizards! it looks cool and neat, quite handy.

minor flaw : the notification
appears even though the language IS supported by Mozilla.

Yeah that's a known bug.. smile.gif We need some more support in the application first.

QUOTE (Goofy @ Oct 11 2008, 07:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one thing that I don't find (but maybe just right under my nose) is the link to download the langpack. But maybe it is available only when translation is 100% complete ?

If you're viewing it from within Songbird you should see a big "Install XPI" button at the top of each translation page. (This isn't visible from Firefox)

#32 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:38 AM

Dutch locale updated, tested and released cool.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#33 Lukas_Skywalker

Lukas_Skywalker

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

Hi folks

Just made the German Translation. Maybe someone could look through it...
And one suggestion:
There is a language called de-CH. It is the Switzerland-Version of German. The problem is, that in Switzerland, there are many of different dialects, which are all not similar to each other. All of the programs are written in German. German is also the language we learn at school. it's very hard to read the Switzerland-Version of German, because there are many characters which are not obvious how to spell them. So if there are people from northern-switzerland, they hardly understand south-switzerlands. And some western-switzerlands would spell the same word in a different way than an other western switzerland...

Maybe it's because the language is not for being written, just for being spoken.

What i want to say is: Why not making just one language (de-DE) and deleting the other (de-CH)?
It would be more comfortable for all and less work.

Greetings

Lukas_Skywalker

#34 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Lukas_Skywalker @ Oct 28 2008, 15:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just made the German Translation. Maybe someone could look through it...

Hi, and welcomeani.gif here!

If you are looking for proofreading, you may find it useful to contact Team Erweiterungen.de, who are a collaboration of translators wink.gif

QUOTE (Lukas_Skywalker @ Oct 28 2008, 15:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And one suggestion:
There is a language called de-CH. It is the Switzerland-Version of German. The problem is, that in Switzerland, there are many of different dialects, which are all not similar to each other. All of the programs are written in German. German is also the language we learn at school. it's very hard to read the Switzerland-Version of German, because there are many characters which are not obvious how to spell them. So if there are people from northern-switzerland, they hardly understand south-switzerlands. And some western-switzerlands would spell the same word in a different way than an other western switzerland...

Maybe it's because the language is not for being written, just for being spoken.

What i want to say is: Why not making just one language (de-DE) and deleting the other (de-CH)?
It would be more comfortable for all and less work.

Well, as you can see here and here there are only 7 extensions translated into de-CH (being 1.1% of total number hosted here), so it is not used very actively. I think it is safe to say that the problem you are describing is a minor problem.
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#35 Lukas_Skywalker

Lukas_Skywalker

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

OK, i see it isn't as important biggrin.gif ...
Thanks for the links, i will see what i can do.

Thanks for your quick help!

German is finished now.

#36 stevel

stevel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:49 PM

I just uploaded a new version of mashTape which adds a few things (and thus needs a few new strings translated):
* Album Reviews
* Photo scrolling speed

Translators might also be happy to know that Last.fm now supports localised artist info/biographies, so if you're using the default Last.fm/MusicBrainz/Freebase artist info provider, you'll now receive Artist Biographies auto-localised to the Songbird language pack you're using.

#37 Nukeador

Nukeador

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:58 PM

es-ES updated. ;)

Regards.

#38 humbertosartini

humbertosartini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:08 AM

Hi,

[]'s
Humberto Sartini

#39 stevel

stevel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (stevel @ Nov 20 2008, 22:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just uploaded a new version of mashTape which adds a few things (and thus needs a few new strings translated):
* Album Reviews
* Photo scrolling speed

Translators might also be happy to know that Last.fm now supports localised artist info/biographies, so if you're using the default Last.fm/MusicBrainz/Freebase artist info provider, you'll now receive Artist Biographies auto-localised to the Songbird language pack you're using.

3 more strings! (Sorry - trying to cram in more and more features ;-))

#40 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (stevel @ Nov 25 2008, 00:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3 more strings! (Sorry - trying to cram in more and more features ;-))

hello smile.gif

Would you please tell us what is exactly meant by "bundled video providers" so that it is translated correctly? (an example maybe)
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users