• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:16 AM

[b]Maintainer: [/b]mig
[b]Creator: [/b]mig@downloadhelper.net

[b]Ext. Version: [/b]6.3.0bz4
[b]Release date: [/b]2017-04-17
[b]Description: [/b]Download Videos from the Web
[b]Extension is compatible to:[/b] ( [img]https://www.babelzilla.org/components/com_wts/logos/ff.png[/img] 36.0 - 49.0)

[b]Included locales: [/b] ar bg bn-BD ca cs da de en-GB en-US es es-ES fi fi-FI fr he he-IL hr-HR hu is-IS it ja-JP ko-KR lt lv-LV nb nb-NO nl oc pl pt-BR pt-PT ro ro-RO ru ru-RU si-LK sk-SK sl sl-SI sq sv sv-SE tr uk uz-UZ vi zh-CN zh-TW

[url="https://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&extension=4986&type=show"]View on WTS[/url] -- [url="https://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&type=downloadxpi&extension=4986"] Download the extension[/url]

Edited by mig, 01 May 2017 - 02:31 PM.

#2 Luana

Luana

(Just a passionate localizer since 2004!)

• Admin
  • 3478 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:34 AM

W e l c o m e ! biggrin.gif

Just a few information for you: in case you have some curiosities about the WTS, you may find here short and simple Questions&Answers about it!

In case you're looking for some specific translator, please see the list of the available translators on BabelZilla.
Selected that desired one, you may send him a P.M. or an e-mail (if and when public).

You may also insert a new Topic in the Help Section, in order to ask for specific translations, to write a general request about missing translations, etc.
E' meglio tacere ed essere, che dire e non essere (Ignazio, II sec. d. C)
Quod scripturae mandatur, non solum praesentibus sed futuris prodesse valeat...

#3 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for uploading! I've captured the Dutch locale I already provided wink.gif and am anxious to see your other extensions here! You may want to register as the French translator before anybody hijacks it tongue.gif

*EDIT* As I already tested my locale, I have pushed it straight to Released cool.gif

Edited by markh, 14 February 2007 - 11:10 AM.

While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#4 Martino T

Martino T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:22 PM

Enable local it-IT in WTS
Mozilla Firefox 3.6.8 in Windows Seven Home Premium 64bit

Member of AMO - Extenzilla.org - BabelZilla.org - MozillaItalia.org

Firefox Security Pack by Martino T

Extensions translated
WindowsUpdate - DownloadHelper / SecretHelper - FFClickOnce - SHOUTcast Radio - Trans-IT - TryAgain

- Official Member of "Twitter Italian Translator Team"

#5 ZuGro

ZuGro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:54 AM

Hi

Spanish locale is ready!

Greetings.

#6 mig

mig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

Hi,

I updated a new version of DownloadHelper. There are a few strings to be translated.

Hopefully, this should be the last translation round before the official 2.1 release.

/mig

#7 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(mig @ Mar 6 2007, 18:38) [snapback]26689[/snapback]

Hi,

I updated a new version of DownloadHelper. There are a few strings to be translated.

Hopefully, this should be the last translation round before the official 2.1 release.

/mig
Michel,

please check the chrome.manifest: all locales are nl-NL except for the en-US one wink.gif

Dutch locale updated and released cool.gif

#8 mig

mig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:03 AM

Hi all,

Here is version 2.3 of DownloadHelper !

There is no major changes in the interface so the translation work is limited to less than 10 sentences.

Many thanks to all of you.

/mig

#9 tom.1

tom.1

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

Hi Mig,

could you leave a short explanation of the new preferences menu-item "Enable plugin signature method"? I cannot figure out what that does, so I'm not sure whether my translation is correct. Does your extension use any plug-ins or do you mean Firefox' plug-ins to display the vidoes (I guess that)- but what do they sign and why should I turn that off/use another method? Am I not up-to-date with this stuff? wink.gif

Tom

#10 mig

mig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(tom.1 @ May 31 2007, 12:25) [snapback]29478[/snapback]
could you leave a short explanation of the new preferences menu-item "Enable plugin signature method"? I cannot figure out what that does, so I'm not sure whether my translation is correct. Does your extension use any plug-ins or do you mean Firefox' plug-ins to display the vidoes (I guess that)- but what do they sign and why should I turn that off/use another method? Am I not up-to-date with this stuff? wink.gif

Thanks Tom,

I'll definitely have to be a bit more verbose about this in the update and faq pages when i will submit this version smile.gif

The plugin method works by analyzing the current HTML page and searching for special <object> tags where the CLSID value (used to select a specific browser) has some known values (the ones for windows media player, quicktime and realmedia plugins). I can then extract the movie URL out of the object parameters. the method can also detect URLs from the <embed> tag.

Why did i add a preference to disable it ? Well, it's just a risk concern. With almost 1 million installs of the extension, i just don't want to take any risk if a new feature i add can potentially affect the overall extension (in this case, it could generate too many hits). If this feature ever cause problems, my users will be able to disable it from the preferences without requiring a new version to fix it.

Cheers,
/mig

#11 mig

mig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:20 PM

By the way, the reference to 'Subtile' as an extension should not be translated. The name of the extension is 'Subtile', whatever locale.

#12 Skiff

Skiff

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:22 PM

Hello! I've added polish translation for extension - ready for 2.3 version smile.gif - available at WTS

EDIT!!:

Because I don't have 5 posts - I cannot send private message to you mig (whos idea is it?) so I'm answering right here:

Polish translation from Skiff (www.yourdomain.pl) from babelzilla.org

Polskie tłumaczenie: Skiff (skiff_spolszczenia.republika.pl) - babelzilla.org

You can replace ":" with "-" if it's needed.

Thanks!

#13 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:24 AM

Dutch locale updated, tested and released cool.gif

Because I don't have 5 posts - I cannot send private message to you mig (whos idea is it?)
It was a joint decision to avoid spam bots flooding the board. You need 5 posts to prove that you're human wink.gif

#14 ZuGro

ZuGro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:26 AM

Hi

Spanish locale updated, tested and released.

Note: i has (had?) to remove some empty lines in about.xul file in order to avoid they can be cluttered by the WTS engine. wacko.gif
Some locales (for instance Dutch locale) already have this problem, because that file is cluttered when is downloaded. I guess only 60 lines are allowed (original file).

Here i attach that file without empty lines removed (like original file), (63 lines).

Best regards.

Attached Files

#15 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(ZuGro @ Jun 4 2007, 09:26) [snapback]29610[/snapback]
Note: i has (had?) to remove some empty lines in about.xul file in order to avoid they can be cluttered by the WTS engine. wacko.gif
Some locales (for instance Dutch locale) already have this problem, because that file is cluttered when is downloaded. I guess only 60 lines are allowed (original file).

There is basically no limit to the number of lines, but this is a BZ bug, identical to the one with HTML: if the number of lines does not match the number of lines in the original en-US equivalent, lines are either removed or added, depending on whether the locale file has more or less lines. XUL and HTML should always be posted in the thread (that is, until the problem is fixed, which will be the case with the next version of the WTS).

wink.gif

#16 gezmen

gezmen

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

Hi mig,

Because of my lack of 5 posts, I'm forcedly posting the required phrase here if you don't mind rolleyes.gif

Edit: I removed the phrase since it doesn't need to be here any longer as it is already got by mig biggrin.gif

#17 tom.1

tom.1

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:05 PM

I just released the german translation (and work on my 5 posts)

@mig: sorry, there's no website for the credits atm.

Greetings
Tom

#18 drry

drry

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:55 PM

Please feel free to choose ...

"日本語翻訳者 drry (blog.drry.jp) from BabelZilla.org" or "日本語翻訳者 drry (blog.drry.jp) - BabelZilla.org"
or
"日本語翻訳: drry (blog.drry.jp) from BabelZilla.org" or "日本語翻訳: drry (blog.drry.jp) - BabelZilla.org"
or
"日本語翻訳 - drry (blog.drry.jp) from BabelZilla.org" or "日本語翻訳 - drry (blog.drry.jp) - BabelZilla.org"

Thanks.

#19 ZuGro

ZuGro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(markh @ Jun 4 2007, 02:41) [snapback]29611[/snapback]
There is basically no limit to the number of lines, but this is a BZ bug, identical to the one with HTML: if the number of lines does not match the number of lines in the original en-US equivalent, lines are either removed or added, depending on whether the locale file has more or less lines. XUL and HTML should always be posted in the thread (that is, until the problem is fixed, which will be the case with the next version of the WTS).

wink.gif

Hi

OK, i got it.

Thanks markh wink.gif

Greetings.

#20 mig

mig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:55 PM

Many thanks to all smile.gif

I have updated the credits for the various translators and fixed the truncated about.xul file. I should be able to submit the 2.3 version very soon.

Is there a special interface or process at babelzilla.org to translate the extension description as shown at addons.mozilla.org, or should i just post the english version here and translators send me their version ?
I think it's important to have this text in various locales as otherwise non-english speaking firefoxers don't even know that the extension exists even if available in their langage.

Thanks again,
/mig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users