• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 leuce

leuce

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(Goofy @ Aug 1 2005, 21:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>more to come... just add and share your experience !</span>

* Java properties files can be translated in OmegaT (but I'm not sure how Mozilla properties files would fare).

* The Mozilla properties and DTD files can be converted to PO and back using moz2po from the Translate-toolkit. Those PO files can then be translated in, say, Pootle... which is quite a job to install but fairly easy for managing translation projects (perhaps pootle.babelzilla.org is a possibility?). I use Pootle on MS Windows XP, running Pootle as root. Pootle's UI is the user's browser.

--
Samuel Murray
Fulltime freelance translator: EN-AF
www.leuce.com

#42 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(leuce @ Sep 27 2007, 18:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
* Java properties files can be translated in OmegaT (but I'm not sure how Mozilla properties files would fare).

* The Mozilla properties and DTD files can be converted to PO and back using moz2po from the Translate-toolkit. Those PO files can then be translated in, say, Pootle... which is quite a job to install but fairly easy for managing translation projects (perhaps pootle.babelzilla.org is a possibility?). I use Pootle on MS Windows XP, running Pootle as root. Pootle's UI is the user's browser.

smile.gif interesting. I don't know anout OmegaT but we (a French translator and me) have been experiencing poEdit (for po files of course) on the mySchoolog project ( see on this forum) and we found it is easy to install and handy for translation.
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#43 gandhi2

gandhi2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:17 AM

I wonder which program i can use to unzip & zip .xpi and .jar files on linux (kubuntu) as I am not familiar with command line operation of the 7zip port and generally prefer gui tools.
Info for norske oversettere

#44 Pedro

Pedro

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:28 PM

Try with Ark: it isn't the same thing of 7zip (really handy) for Windows but works wink.gif

You can also try with with Peazip, I think it is the right name but I am not sure, but i find it a little bit young and buggy at the present

You don't need the support for files 7z or rar but you can install those functions from Adept. Search 7z and rar and install it (i don't remember the exact name of the deb files... sorry)

Bye bye smile.gif
Are you sure that I am a translator? Have you seen my english?
Goofy's corrections © inside. The dog with the glasses has come back.

#45 Sonickydon

Sonickydon

[el-GR] Coordinator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 768 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(gandhi2 @ Oct 27 2007, 11:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder which program i can use to unzip & zip .xpi and .jar files on linux (kubuntu) as I am not familiar with command line operation of the 7zip port and generally prefer gui tools.

I personally use the file roller for that, it's mainly a gnome app but it works fine on mandriva(kde) and i think it's more handy than ark

Graecum est, non legitur

#46 ua_bz

ua_bz

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:14 PM

Is there a way to taranslate dtd files and other files off-line like po files in poedit

#47 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

[about profiles management]
I am the happy user for years of this VERY handy shortcurt (script for windows only)

http://gemal.dk/blog/2004/11/05/firefox_th...ktop_shortcuts/

It is so very easy to create/kill profiles (and also access safe mode and options) with it! I don't understand why everyone is not using it.

Also, there is the brilliant extension by Paolo Kaosmos
https://nic-nac-project.de/~kaosmos/profileswitcher-en.html
with which you can open several profiles simultaneously
It should be compulsory for extension testers closedeyes.gif

#48 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Goofy @ Mar 7 2008, 15:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am the happy user for years of this VERY handy shortcurt (script for windows only)

It is so very easy to create/kill profiles (and also access safe mode and options) with it! I don't understand why everyone is not using it.

Also, there is the brilliant extension by Paolo Kaosmos
https://nic-nac-project.de/~kaosmos/profileswitcher-en.html
with which you can open several profiles simultaneously
It should be compulsory for extension testers closedeyes.gif

Very useful, thanks my friend. I have taken the opportunity to translate the extension into Dutch and invite the author on the fly (but I suppose you have also done that - saw your name mentioned) closedeyes.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#49 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

smile.gif A new tiny lightweight extension is available for translators.

Select and right-click, choose msTrans and you can search in the gigantic terminology database and product glossaries for Microsoft products.
This extension is available for as many languages as offered on microsoft language portal, that is several dozens, and there is nothing to translate in the extension itself since there is no interface tongue.gif

Attached Files

#50 Lisman

Lisman

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Goofy @ Apr 14 2008, 23:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile.gif A new tiny lightweight extension is available for translators.

Thank you, Goofy, it's a really useful extension. I found myself thinking about both of us, we're a fair duet, aren't we? I set the tone and you make up a brilliant symphony! happy.gif

Elisabetta

#51 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Lisman @ Apr 15 2008, 10:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you, Goofy, it's a really useful extension. I found myself thinking about both of us, we're a fair duet, aren't we? I set the tone and you make up a brilliant symphony! happy.gif

Elisabetta

Keep on rocking, ♫ dear Liz cool.gif

#52 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (Goofy @ Mar 7 2008, 15:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not for ranting2.gif Vista

#53 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (markh @ Apr 19 2008, 07:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif I am no vista user
but I suppose there is not a lot to change (the relative path probably) in the script to make it work even for this brilliant OS.

I will give a look and maybe DaveG could find a hack.

#54 DaveG

DaveG

Techie Tricks and Tips provider

• Super Mod
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (Goofy @ Apr 19 2008, 02:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will give a look and maybe DaveG could find a hack.

I'm lazy. I just use the command switches. Just goto run and do "firefox -profilemanger" or "firefox -safe-mode" or whatever. (or using the path to your Firefox executable, if it's not in your path environment variable) In my case, I usually just goto run and hit the up key once or twice to bring up the command, as I've probably done it recently. wink.gif

Based on a quick once-over of the VBS script mentioned above, it may or may not be possible to write this in the form of a less-generalized REG file. Though, I have no access to Vista to test it, and I plan to keep it that way. tongue.gif

#55 Fenian

Fenian

Spiteful Tech Admin

• Admin
  • 4428 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (markh @ Apr 19 2008, 07:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem with Vista Business...
and it should also work with other Vista versions.
"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by."
-- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
Unwarranted government surveillance is an intrusion on basic human rights that threatens the very foundations of a democratic society.
-- Tim Berners Lee

#56 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (DaveG @ Apr 19 2008, 12:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm lazy. I just use the command switches. Just goto run and do "firefox -profilemanger" or "firefox -safe-mode" or whatever.

I'm even lazier, I use "firefox -p" etc. laugh.gif

#57 eviljeff

eviljeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

Does anyone know any tool that would let me remove/rename a single entity in every locale in my add-on?

(I know that WTS will strip out any entity not in the default after I download it again but I was wondering if there was a way without uploading and downloading the xpi (and emailing all the localisers in the process)).

#58 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (eviljeff @ Apr 30 2008, 16:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know any tool that would let me remove/rename a single entity in every locale in my add-on?

(I know that WTS will strip out any entity not in the default after I download it again but I was wondering if there was a way without uploading and downloading the xpi (and emailing all the localisers in the process)).

smile.gif mmh not absolutely sure of what you are exactly looking for...

I personally use PsPad editor (win only) which has a good efficient feature to replace whatever you want, with the "Search/replace in all files" item: in your case, you have just to unpack your xpi with all locales and set the desired directory for replacement. When processing, there is an output list with all concerned files so that you can keep control of wanted/unwanted substitutions.

#59 eviljeff

eviljeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Goofy @ Apr 30 2008, 17:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile.gif mmh not absolutely sure of what you are exactly looking for...

I personally use PsPad editor (win only) which has a good efficient feature to replace whatever you want, with the "Search/replace in all files" item: in your case, you have just to unpack your xpi with all locales and set the desired directory for replacement. When processing, there is an output list with all concerned files so that you can keep control of wanted/unwanted substitutions.

Okay, thanks.
The reason I asked is I'm redesigning part of the gui for my add-on and some strings aren't needed any more. If I leave them in then WTS does unexpected things like saying 105% done when there may actually be a string not localised. If I can remove them before upload then hopefully that won't happen.

#60 nelson1876

nelson1876

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:08 AM

Thank u for the help - i was looking for that kind of translatores.ITS great deal of help. I m looking frward for the " more to come "
Weight loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users